According to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 28, 2012, N 251 “On approach of the Order to Design, Make and Issue the Certificate on Permanent Residence and the Certificate on Temporary Residence and Technical Description of those Forms”, and the Letter of the Department on Citizenship, Immigration and Registration of Individuals of Chernivtsi regional authority of Home Affairs of Ukraine dated May 22, 2012 N18/3069, foreign students, masters, post-graduates, clinical residents have to submit the documents listed below 20 days before visa expiry date to get the Certificate on Temporary Residence in Ukraine:
1. Receipt on payment of tuition fee per year.
2. 4 photos 3,5x4,5 cm in size (on mat paper)
3. Certificate confirming education of a foreigner in Ukraine (certificate on education and a copy of the Contract on University education.
4. Passport of a foreign with type D visa with a proper special sign on the visa page, and copies of the passport page containing personal data as well as visa page (2 copies)
5. Notarised Ukrainian translation of the passport page containing personal data as well as one xerocopy of the translation.
6. Medical insurance policy (2 xerocopies)
7. Insurance company policy on turning out of a foreigner from Ukraine and in case of death (one copy).
Attention! Every foreign student should affix his/her personal signature a the Department on Citizenship, Immigration and Registration of Individuals of Chernivtsi regional authority of Home Affairs of Ukraine (25, Sheptytsky Street) to get the Certificate on Temporary Residence, and to get registration according to the place of residence during the following 10 days. The same day after getting the Certificate on Temporary Residence the student is obliged to bring it together with his/her passport to the University passport office (address: 15A, Chornomorska street, hostel N2, the ground floor).
Foreign students who do not go home for holidays and stay in Ukraine, may submit all the documents enumerated above to get the certificate on Temporary Residence after completion the semester, passing modules on all the subjects and paying tuition fee.
Students going to their home countries should return to Ukraine not later than August 21, prepare and submit the necessary documents not later than 20 days before visa expiry date. In case the time limit is exceeded, those who violate the requirements will be fined, their visa terms will be cancelled and they themselves can be turned act from Ukraine.